Monday, February 3, 2014

Failure stinks…


Don't know where this picture came from, but it was a fail! 

Who loves to fail? 

No-one does. 

It’s not fun! It often hurts and often causes great challenges from the failure. If I truly had a choice, I would never fail again and be perfect in every way, but the reality is, we fail!

People fail at marriage, at parenting, in a job, in ministry, in friendship, at sports, in their finances, during pressure, etc…

Failure isn't something we look forward to, but it’s something that’s going to happen…

So what!

That wasn't a question. it was a who cares, or it doesn't matter, or whatever! 

Failing will happen, and we may be discouraged and defeated, but that shouldn't stop us from continuing to try. Can you imagine if all the great inventors stopped trying after the first failure - we would be sitting in caves, trying to check our email! Wait, that doesn't exactly match up, but you get my point.

So what can we learn from failure?

1. A better way…

Since the first, second, third or forth try didn't work, we eventually get all the wrong ways out of the way and begin the process to the answer. If we know some ways don't work, then we can mark those off the list and move to a better way. I learned major writing improvements as I've blogged, because I failed in several of my posts. 

2. That the hurt of failure goes away quickly…

When I made a bad pass in a basketball game, I learned that the defender was looking for my pass and adjusted the next time down the court for an assist. The turnover was painful and embarrassing, but the assist was pure joy, as I beat the defender. My pain was gone, when I improved from my failing. 

3. Failure helps us to realize our need to trust the Lord…


We always try to do it on our own. It’s our first option and we often take it, rather than trusting in the Lord. I have seen it over the last 20 months, in my crazy job situations. I’ve been unemployed for 5 of those months, and had some terrible situations (at least in my mind) with employers. On the other hand, I thought I was always doing things plight, which is a failure in itself. I’m still learning that I can only lean on the Lord, and even though I have some amazing challenges ahead, I know God will get me and my family through.

Lessons Learned: I have to keep going, no matter how many times I fail.
Thoughts: Have you failed to trust the Lord in your failures?
#failalot

Join me on InstagramTwitter & Facebook - click the links...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...