Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ouch that smarts...



It’s so easy to fail. I know that I tell you failing is okay, but it still hurts when you fail, and in failing sometimes you hurt others.  I don’t mind failing when it just hurts me, but when it causes pain to a loved one, friend or colleague, I'm not so happy. Sometimes you don’t even realize that you’ve hurt them until it’s too late. 


That’s when you have to kick into a different gear to correct your failure. You then have to seek forgiveness and make it right. You can’t just let it sit there and hope all works out. You have to make sure you correct the mistake (intentional or not) and then make sure that you don’t do it again. It’s never easy eating humble pie and many folks don’t like to even bother with making things right, but I’ve found, over the years, that it’s always best to be as right as possible with others.
Why did I say all this? Because I can be too firm at times (sometimes I even come across harsh because my voice is so loud, and I am a little too quick to react). I have tried to work on this and have a soft answer, but I struggle. I have high expectations for myself and for those around me and this causes me to get upset more easily than I should. Sometimes I overact like this with my children when they need to be corrected. Often it’s a little thing that I'm bothered by, and I have just wasted time, energy and chipped away at a relationship when I overreact to that small thing. I often have to go back to my children and ask them to forgive me so I don’t break our relationship. It's not easy being human...we all struggle with failures in life and this is one that I don't like in me.  
All of this hurts and it’s one of the areas of failure that I have come to dislike. I’m sure glad it won’t be in Heaven.
Lessons Learned (Learning): I have to be sure to take time to respond correctly rather than just react. Counting to 10 works and praying first works better...
Thoughts: Who have you hurt today? What are some failures that you struggle with? Do you overreact and get bothered too easy sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...