Sunday, September 9, 2012

Serving excellence…



I know that working in the customer service industry is not easier. 

We, as customers, have high expectations, and often, immediate expectations.

That makes it tough on those that are trying to serve.

But…


Excellence is diminishing quickly, and customer service has long ago gone by the wayside.

I ordered pizza, for my family, the other day, and when it arrived, at the house, they sent the wrong thing.

As the pizza order arrived, my Wife had taken my youngest son to get McDonald’s and ordered a Big Mac meal. When they arrived, with the meal, the Big Mac only had one meat (I think it’s meat) patty and no toppings on the top half. I had to go back and get the right burger.

This has happened many times to me and my family, and customer service is going down hill these days (do not include Chic-fil-A in this group - they are awesome!).

This has impacted the church too…

Unfortunately, this worldly attitude has leaped into the church. Many people serve, in church, but I often see people treat ministry like it’s not important.

They arrive late…

They don’t show up at all…

They socialize when they could be helping…

They do mediocre work…

They don’t serve people, they wait to be served…

We can’t let the church become lazy and have an attitude of mediocrity. When I look around at what God created, I have never seen anything mediocre. Since He gave His best for me, I think I owe Him the same.

Lessons Learned: I’m not going to treat ministry like fast food service.

Thoughts: Are you giving your best for the Lord?

#failalot

Follow me on Twitter - Friend me on Facebook - look at the top right of my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...