Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mud bombs and growth…



The other day I was driving down the highway and saw a cloud of dust erupt, about a tenth of a mile ahead of me. It was strange, but cool to see. I thought someone blew an engine, or NASCAR had left a bunch of that “track-dry” stuff on the highway.
A moment latter it happened again and enveloped my car (I drive a white Charger, and I just washed it, so I was not thrilled - speeding up through it helped me feel better). After I got through the cloud of smoke, I realized it was a construction truck that had dried mud on its mud-flaps - a crazy place for mud - and it kept falling off in huge “mud bombs!”
Still cool to watch, but didn’t want it on my car…


I knew I had to move forward, in my day, and keep going down the road, but I got frustrated for a just a hair...I thought that the truck should have cleaned up before it left the construction site - how thoughtless! 
That thought left me quickly, as I realized, he had a job to do and his job was moving the economy forward - I could wash my car again.
Daily surprises are not always the fun kind - once in a while, they leave a little dust on you and you have to clean up after the encounter. 
This is true with people that come along during the day too.
Sometimes, they are set in our path to teach us something that we didn’t know we needed to learn. With the mud bombs, I was reminded of the importance of those that drive a truck, and their impact on our economy.
With the person that left a mud bomb on you today, you may have learned…
Patience...
That others have bad days and need to vent…
That people are hurting…
That your life is WAY better than you thought…
That you need to be kind…
That you need to respond, rather than react…
That your not a good as you thought you were…
That humility is not in you, like you thought it was…
That your heart needs to be a little more tender to others…
That a little frustration can teach you a big lesson…
That you can make it through your trial, because the person you just met did…
That life is not easy…
That life is full of surprise - some good - some not so good…
That you just impacted someone, because you took a moment with them…
Lessons Learned: I think I like mud bombs now. They’re kinda cool.
Thoughts: Have you been mud bombed today? What did you learn?
#failalot
Follow me on Twitter - Friend me on Facebook - look at the top right of my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...