Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday #1



As I stated this past Tuesday, I have updated the structure of how I will share each day, to create consistency and, hopefully, relevance for you.

Today is the first installment of Thoughtful Thursday’s where I will share a quote and some thoughts.

Here’s the quote today…


“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”

Confucius  

You might be surprised that I would quote Confucius, but this quote is effective, although self-reliant, and focused on our glory.

When you fail, which we all do, you can’t just sit and wallow, you have to get up again.

I truly like how the Bible says it best…

“For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again:” Proverbs 24:16

The best parts of this verse are:

“Just man” - we are only just through the Lord, so He is the one helping us back up.

“seven” - the number of perfection - we can always rise up again.

“again” - we fail a lot, and we can get up again.

Lessons Learned: We will fail, but we can get up again, in God’s strength.

Thoughts: Have you gotten back up?

#failalot

Follow me on Twitter - Friend me on Facebook - look at the top right of my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...