Monday, August 13, 2012

Talk about thankful…



The sticker says "WAG MORE - BARK LESS"

I’m constantly overwhelmed at God’s goodness to me and the way He provides.

He is beyond good to me and my family.

I catch myself complaining and miss the blessings once in awhile…

When I start to complain or focus on my problems, I have to do a few things to get out of the rut…

1. Focus on others

This seems to be a challenge for everyone. Think about the person that just found out…

They have cancer…
They lost their job…
Their house when into foreclosure…
They lost a loved one…
They have a child that’s hurting…

How do you focus on “others” when you’re in the midst of a trial?

It has to be preplanned. You have to choose, in advance, to have others on your mind, before you get into your trial. You have to know that others are the priority and know that you want to help others.

It has to be a habit. You have to be encouraging others well before your trial occurs, so that when that big trial hits, you are already making a difference with others. This will cause others to be on your mind, even though you are having a very tough time yourself.

2. Focus on the good

Realize that there is good, in your life, and know that the bad is only one part. Even if the bad, is really bad, there are still good things going on. I can’t speak to your specific spot right now, but I know that the trials that hit me always have some good involved, and even when I can’t seem to see the good, I focus on things outside of the trial.

When I got downsized, I focused on the wonderful wife and children I have.

When we miscarried out first child, we both had to focus on how we could help others.

When I’ve had financial problems, I had to look at my daily needs and how they were provided.

3. Focus on the Lord

This is the highest priority. We all get down and we all have problems. We all hurt and we all forget to be grateful. When we’re down, discouraged, defeated (enough “D’s”) or we have a trial beyond our ability (all trials are beyond our ability), then we need to focus on the Lord. He is there to help, encourage, motivate, provide and direct us.

We tend to…

Seek our own solutions first.

Develop our own plans first.

Seek others for direction first.

We should just seek the Lord and His help and watch Him handle the need, he hurt, the frustration or whatever our issue is. He really does love us and He really does want to help us.

We have things to be thankful for here, here, here and here...

Lessons Learned: We need to change our focus, when we have a challenge.

Thoughts: What challenges have you seen turned around because of the Lord?

#failalot

Follow me on Twitter - Friend me on Facebook - look at the top right of my blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...