Friday, April 20, 2012

My first musical release…



Can you pick me out in the pic?


You’re probably amazed that I’ve been in the music business for over 25 years now. I have posted before about my acting career, but I have a musical side too.  (You can look at Frosty, Rodeo Clown and Centurion to see the other posts, if you like). I worked very hard on my hair, for this photo, so do not make fun of it - I’m serious - you will hurt my feelings...you can make fun of my hair here, if you like...
I can’t say that I was, or am, a great singer, but I enjoyed it then and I still enjoy it now. Singing is good for you as a told you in this post a while back (you can also hear a funny song here), but I had greater fancies of my sining than just a teen church group cassette (yes I said, cassette - it’s just like an MP#, but older and less cool).
When I was younger, I thought I had a pretty good voice and I would sing along with some of the famous musicians of the day. In my mind I could hit the notes and sound just like everyone of them - not just one or two of them - every single one of them. It’s amazing how easily we confuse ourselves into thinking we are more talented then we really are. That’s just pride sneaking in and I let it sneak in a lot.
On the other side of the coin, sometimes, appropriate pride (maybe realistic thinking, not pride per se) pushes our dreams forward. If we thought we were bad at everything, then we would never dream of successes in any area. We would just sit back and be depressed by our inabilities. We have to feel good about some of our talents ,since God gave them to us and He wouldn't want us to waste the talents that He gave us. 
Should I have dreamed of becoming a famous singer, when I was a teen? Or should I have just left my dream sit? 
I only have an average voice, so the reality is, I was not going to become famous for my voice, and I didn’t, but could I dream it still?  Sure I could. 
It’s not wrong to dream of doing great things. I did get to sing in college and that got me the role of Frosty and caused my ever increasing dramatic roles in my adult lifetime…
Do you have some dream to use the talents God has given you? 
Keep dreaming, and put feet to your dreams. You may be the next famous singer, or you may just get the privilege of singing in your church. Either way, you’re being a blessing to others and maybe an encouragement. 
Don’t give up on your dreams, even if they’re small dreams. Keep dreaming and motivating yourself to move to the next level.
Lessons Learned: Dream big. Go for your dreams, as long as they’re honorable. 
Thoughts: Do you have some big dreams? Have you given up on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...