Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dreaming yourself awake…



The other day, I dreamt myself awake…

I was singing: 


“I’m so happy, and here’s the reason why, Jesus took my burdens all away. Now I’m singing (a song) as the days go by (rolling along), Jesus took my burdens all away. Once my heart was heavy, with a load of sin, Jesus took he load and gave me wonderful peace within (my heart), and now I’m singing (a song) as the days go by (rolling along), Jesus took my burdens all away.”
The strange thing was that, I was singing it in my sleep and woke up to it. I wasn’t loud, but it was distinct and a little different. 


I’ve written about dreams before here, here, here and here, but this is the first time I woke myself up singing.
I didn’t really mind it waking me up, because the song was a good one to wake up to - it has great melody and meaning and is fun to sing. 
The greatest part is that it positively impacted my entire day. I kept humming or whistling it and it kept my spirits up. God blessed my day in a strangely special way, by allowing my dream to wake me up.
Singing is so important. Music has huge impact on us. Many studies, and more importantly, Mythbusters have shown that music changes our mood, spirit and physical beings. It can even break glass - how cool is that?
Why do we let the wrong music influence us - let’s put a song in our hearts that impacts our spirit positively all day long, and maybe even acts as our alarm clock...
Lessons Learned: Singing in the morning helps you all day.
Thoughts: Have you ever been woken by a singing dream? Is that the right way to say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...