Wednesday, April 11, 2012

There’s an App for that…



I love technology and am so thankful that God allowed me to be alive during this time in history. I’m not sure I would've been very good in the middle ages, or Little House on the Prairie’s days, or back in the days of Noah (wait - that would've been really bad - my last name isn’t - hold on, what was Noah’s last name? - you get the point - I wasn’t in his family - although, I am now...), or during the time of the plagues, or when the walls of Jericho came down (although that would've been cool to see, unless I was on the inside), or even in the victorian era, with all those crazy suits and dresses…
I love this time of history and the rapid growth of technology and the interesting things you can learn and do, especially with Apps…

Once in a while, or maybe everyday for a while, I’m going to share some Apps that I’ve found helpful, enjoyed or thought might be interesting.
Today, I’m going to share iThoughts HD.  I was shown this App by a missionary friend of mine, Chantha Chimm. You can review his ministry (or even better) support it, on his website, here

The App is available for the iPad and that iPhone.
I just started using this App and have found three important things about it that I really enjoy:
First, it’s continuous. You just keep adding your thoughts and organizing your plans, all the time. You don’t have to stop and start a new thought, on any given topic. You just keep thinking and putting your thoughts down in succession, and your thoughts become a mind map. It works like we think, instead of as a list. Look at the pics and you’ll get a better idea.


Second, it’s easy. You don’t have to have a huge background in word processing, or understand spreadsheet software, to be able to be extremely functional with this App.  You can also adjust anything that you created very quickly, so if you think, your thoughts, out of order, you can just move them around with your fingers. It’s so simple, any child could be successful in putting a plan together, or organizing a task. 

Third, it’s fun. When you get to use your brain, get organized and still have fun, you have a winning combination. It’s almost as addictive as Angry Birds. Once you get started, putting a plan together, you get excited about the plan and the way it’s coming together. It makes organizing a blast, rather than a task.



I know that there may not be a fail here, other than, I love Apps too much, but I hope you enjoyed the post still.
Technology is here to stay, so don’t let it slip past you too far. You don’t have to know every App on the planet, but you should try to, at least, keep in the loop. Apps may have some practicality for you too.
Lessons Learned: Apps make life simpler.
Thoughts: What Apps have you enjoyed lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...