Friday, April 6, 2012

Tadpole humor…




I’m really enjoying blogging...I never thought I would enjoy writing so much. I may not be good at (don’t comment, unless you intend to encourage me...LOL), but it’s a great expression of what God allows in my life each day and what I bump into.  
Sometimes, however, I learn from my mistakes, as in the picture above…

Most of you know, that I auto-tweet my blog from a few different sources, and they are supposed to come out at 3 different times per day. This is not easy to adjust, so I found out, so sometimes, they all come out at the same time, or two of them come out at once. It’s a learning process, as you can see in the picture, above, they all came out at the same time yesterday and, as they tweet, they immediately post to Facebook - they look nice, all in a row…
The other thing that happens, and you may have already noticed this, is that the Twitter-feed grabs the first few words of the post and sends them out with the tweet.  It gives a good start from those that want to read. The problem is, that it may end mid-sentence or, in this case mid-word.
If you read yesterday’s blog, you saw that it was about tadpoles that I saw in a pool cover, but the tweet read:


 “Tadpole explosion…: I recently took this picture of a bunch of tadpoles that had come to life on a poo... http://t.co/ZVrG1k8X #failalot @CraigStumpf on Twitter · via Twitter.”  
Notice that the word “pool” was shortened to “poo!” I know I have 140 characters, but the t.co length is not always the same, so it’s hard to judge the words or letters that will appear as it’s sent out. A friend noticed it and posted the error and I just about died laughing...can tadpoles even “come to life on a poo?”
Life is full of funny surprises and I love when things like this happen creating humor you couldn't even plan. 
Some would be upset that this flaw occurred, or maybe embarrassed at their lack of planning, but in my books, it just adds to the real life humor that we all need everyday. It’s a part of the joy of life, even though it was “poo” this time…
Lessons Learned: I likely won’t use the word pool in the first two sentences of any future post. Life’s little, unplanned, humorous moments are the best.
Thoughts: Have you ever posted something that came across wrong, like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome...